Maykel Desir, MD, CAQSM
Dr. Desir is a Board Certified specialist in Sports Medicine and General Orthopedics.
He graduated from The Ohio State University with honors and a Bachelor of Science in Biology and a Minor in Musicology. He completed his medical degree at The Ohio State University College of Medicine.
After graduating medical school, Dr. Desir completed a residency at The University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, FL where he served as Chief Resident. During his education he gained valuable experience working as a Team Physician with the University of Miami Athletics covering collegiate sporting events, the Miami Sailing World Cup Regatta, various local high schools sporting events, and treating complex musculoskeletal injuries.
Following residency, Dr. Desir completed a fellowship in Sports Medicine with Atrium Health and OrthoCarolina. During this training he additionally covered many sporting events, working with several high schools, colleges, and professional athletes. He was the Event Physician for The Charlotte Marathon, Charlotte Golden Gloves boxing tournament, Women’s NCAA Basketball Tournament, and CIAA Basketball Tournament.
Since completing his training, Dr. Desir has participated in continuing medical education and remains current with most contemporary and advanced treatments and procedures in sports medicine. He has done extensive training in ultrasound and ultrasound guided injections and applies this to traditional as well as the most contemporary regenerative musculoskeletal treatments.
Member- American Medical Association, American Medical Society of Sports Medicine, The American College of Sports Medicine, American Academy of Family Physicians, American Board of Family Medicine, Mortar Board Honor Society
- The Ohio State University, BS Biology/ Minor Music
- The Ohio State University College of Medicine
- University of Miami/ Jackson Memorial Hospital Internship and Residency
- Atrium Health Fellowship, Primary Care Sports Medicine
- Gregory Montalbano, MD / Janine Payson, MS, RPA-C / PT, DPT / Jessica Lalicata, PTA
- Fracture Care/Sprains
- Work Related Injuries
- Functional Bracing
- Bone Stimulators/Accelerated Fracture Healing
- Preseason Physicals
- Concussion Evaluation
- Return to Play
- Joint Rejuvenation Therapy
- Ultrasound Guided Injections
- Viscosupplement / Hyaluronate Injection
- Growth Factor Injection Therapy
- Platelet Rich Plasma
- Digital Radiography
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Physical Therapy/Rehabilitation
Online appointments / Patient registration
Virtual offices-24 hour-urgent care – Ask the Doctor
to learn more or call one of our two locations to schedule an appointment:
Financial District/ Trinity Center
111 Broadway Suite 902
New York, NY 10006
82 Lamberts Ln
Staten Island, NY 10314